Up With Music
1213 Salem Street,
North Andover, MA 01845
Board of Directors
President and Executive Director
Trudy (Gertrude) Larson - 1213 Salem Street - North Andover, MA 01845 – 978 685-7844 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Executive Director and founder of NYSO from 1991-2009;
· Suzuki violin and viola teacher in North Andover, MA. for the past 28 years and a coach of several string ensembles.
· Her students and ensembles have given many concerts in the community and performed benefit concerts to support charitable causes.
· In 2001, Trudy Larson was awarded the Massachusetts “Private String Teacher of the Year” by the Massachusetts American String Teachers-National String Orchestra Association, an honor that recognizes exemplary dedication and commitment to string education.
· She is a member of the Massachusetts Suzuki Association, the Suzuki Association of the Americas and the American String Teachers Association.
· Mrs. Larson is the founder and director of “Summer Strings,” a summer chamber music camp for string players begun in 1996.
· Since 1998, she helped to found a String-teaching program in schools in Lawrence and has been instrumental in organizing and fundraising for this program as well as conducting the Lawrence Youth String Ensemble.
Julia Elliott 111 Andersen Way, Boxford, MA 01921- 978 352-5581 –
· Mount Holyoke College, BA in Music; Harvard U. Master of Education in Counseling Psychology
· St. Michaels Indian School, St. Michaels, AZ: Music teacher (K-12 music, chorus and instrumental )
· John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, MA: Admin. assistant to Executive Programs department (coordinating onsite programs for federal, state and local government organizations)
· Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA: Therapist in school for children with emotional and behavioral issues (as part of a Harvard Graduate School of Education project)
· Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA: Violence prevention educator in 3 public schools for grades K through 5 (sponsored by Harvard Graduate School of Education)
· Cape Ann Waldorf School, Beverly, MA: pianist, choral and composition teacher for grades K through 8
Willis A. Larson - 1213 Salem Street - North Andover, MA 01845 978 685-7844 - larsonwillis@ verizon.net
· U. of Minnesota, American University of Beirut; Graduate education: Dubuque Theological Seminary
· Entrepreneur, Engineer and Inventor: More than 150 domestic and foreign patents issued.
· Technical Sales, Marketing and Consulting
· Corporate Executive: 25 years in corporate America doing new product development, managed central engineering for Digital Equipment Corporation; retired from HP in 1987.
· Pastor : 45 years in the Christian ministry
Member at Large
Seeking a new board member to replace Gale Batsimm who moved to Vermont.
· Bachelor in Biology and Chemistry
· Former manager for Greater Lynn Mental Health Services and Former Program Director Psychological Center, Lawrence
· Volunteer with Community Strings
· Lawrence resident and parent of Community Strings student and PTA member
Marcia Lier – See Teaching Staff bios
· MSW (Master of Social Work)
· Violinist - member of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra
· Masters in Counseling
· Teacher in our Community Strings Program for four years
· Advisory Board NMYO (Northeast Massachusetts Youth Orchestras)
· Chamber Music coach for NMYO
Advisory Board Contact Information
81 High Street
Lawrence, MA 01841
28 McKenney Circle
Andover, MA 01810
45 Highland Road
Boxford, MA 01921